Learn To Review!
Aug. 26th, 2008 10:50 amI'm shopping for popover pans on Amazon. I found a perfect set for not a lot of money, so I'm going to order those. No problem so far. The set I'm ordering has 17 reviews, all five star. There's also a listing under the usual "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" section with what looks like an indentical pan with a review rating of 1. Of course I had to check this out ... they looked identical, so what's wrong with them?
Here is the one and only review for the other pan:
The pan did not work for me. It wound up costing me more in shipping to get and return the pan than the item itself cost, and those costs were non-refundable. I am not happy.
Wha ...? How, exactly, did it "not work" for you? Were the pans warpped? Were they a different metal than listed? Were they some sort of fourth-dimensional hyper-cube construction that leaked popover batter all over your spleen, perhaps?
I'm trying to not sound like too much of a curmudgeon or an elitist, even if I do know how many homes I own, but I'm almost to the point of regarding amature reviews as completely useless. "I couldn't get it to work." Well gee, have you considered that perhaps you're a complete moron? The GPSr really works better if you're smarter than the little plastic box.
I'm feeling the same way about comments on Youtube or even worse GoComics.Com. This is a "feature" that they started recently wherein subscribers can make comments about the comics and add to the tags. I've written them and told them I'd be happy to be a paid subscriber if they'd give me a way to turn this off. I have yet to hear back from them.
Mmmm ... popovers.
Here is the one and only review for the other pan:
The pan did not work for me. It wound up costing me more in shipping to get and return the pan than the item itself cost, and those costs were non-refundable. I am not happy.
Wha ...? How, exactly, did it "not work" for you? Were the pans warpped? Were they a different metal than listed? Were they some sort of fourth-dimensional hyper-cube construction that leaked popover batter all over your spleen, perhaps?
I'm trying to not sound like too much of a curmudgeon or an elitist, even if I do know how many homes I own, but I'm almost to the point of regarding amature reviews as completely useless. "I couldn't get it to work." Well gee, have you considered that perhaps you're a complete moron? The GPSr really works better if you're smarter than the little plastic box.
I'm feeling the same way about comments on Youtube or even worse GoComics.Com. This is a "feature" that they started recently wherein subscribers can make comments about the comics and add to the tags. I've written them and told them I'd be happy to be a paid subscriber if they'd give me a way to turn this off. I have yet to hear back from them.
Mmmm ... popovers.
no subject
Date: 2008-08-26 04:15 pm (UTC)Popover pan??????
no subject
I'll bet you can guess what I'll be making in them!
no subject
Date: 2008-08-26 04:43 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-08-26 05:10 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-08-26 06:02 pm (UTC)(PS -- DK seems to be cranky today, so email is off.)
no subject
Date: 2008-08-26 06:19 pm (UTC)For that matter, I've got another rewards card Amazon certificate coming in the mail, hopefully this week, but I was going to use that to order some of the Doctor Who DVDs that we don't have yet.
I thought we already went nuts when we have people visit ...
no subject
Date: 2008-08-26 06:31 pm (UTC)I pass on the nuts, thank you!
no subject
Date: 2008-08-26 07:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-08-27 05:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-08-28 03:05 am (UTC)