awfulhorrid: (Bacon!)
[personal profile] awfulhorrid
So overall I had a good time at Capricon and I need to write that entry, but first ... my homemade mustard is ready and wow is it hot! I didn't even add peppers or spices to it, although I did cut the mellowing process at only four weeks, leaving this a rather strong mustard - similar to Chinese mustard, only not quite. I tried it on a sandwich for dinner last night and it was great with lunchmeat and cheese. (It's just not something that I can share with [livejournal.com profile] bookwurm since she apprently values her nosehairs. Similarly others around me also seem to lack an interest in a condiment that makes your eyes water quite like that. Oh well ...

Date: 2009-02-23 06:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] memerath.livejournal.com
I'm intrigued. I'm someone who was disappointed this weekend, that, while dining at a Japanese restaurant, her Wasabi Octopus only sent a shockwave of heat up her nose on the first bite. More heat please!

I'm sure...

Date: 2009-02-23 07:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ctrlalttabby.livejournal.com
Eric would love to try it at some point.

February 2013

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
2425262728  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 20th, 2026 01:24 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios